July 31, 2006

Recipe for a kick-ass weekend in 9 steps.

1. 4 stuffed animals from that mechanical claw thingy at the arcade. I've never snagged one miserable critter from that machine and wouldn't you know it, we got 4! *does an epileptic victory dance*

2. Seeing David Sedaris and having him sign that funny little exchange on my book. He has the most adorable lisp, and hearing him read out some of his stuff live was really enjoyable. It's nice to have a mental recording of his voice so I can just imagine it while reading. *starts sniggering to Tapeworm*

3. The cup. I won a prize during the book signing. This weekend has "LUCK" written all over it.

4. Razorback live. Manuel Legarda and Tirso Ripoll. I'm not worthy.

5. I saw the ultimate crush again at the arcade having his way with a kiddie game. Ehehehe. I was used to see him wandering around almost every week last year. It stopped right around the second half of last year. I thought he might have left the country. Or died. Since March of this year, he's managed to materialize at least once a month. I'm studying my timeline, and the girl in me wishes that this is a sign. The realist in me says that this is just a representation of the cosmic irony: Look, but do not touch. That's fine. I like looking.

6. Crash by J.G. Ballard. What a trip!

7. Iris. Kate Winslet and I have come along way since that preposterous movie Titanic.

8. Oscar Wilde! Re-reading The Portrait of Dorian Gray.

9. Afternoon tea with Jean-Paul Sartre, and bite size sandwiches over Existentialism.

So all in all, this is the happiest weekend I've had in 4 months! A rather large improvement. Pardon me if it's too protruding. Hahaha. *Whistles to herself as she enjoys a private joke*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll start with...Hey Jen...you didn't bring me along during the book signing. I got a pass.

I want one of those stuffed animals. Is there a Panda? I like Panda. Looks just like me.

I miss you. Horribly. When do we go out for a stroll? It's on me.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home