January 07, 2007

Enough. Enough now.

"...And no of course we can't be friends
Not while I still feel like this
I want to ask where I went wrong
But don't say anything at all...

It killed me to say it. Some primitive voice inside me was screaming "No, you mustn't. You mustn't."

But I did. Because it just must. I find no shame in admitting the truth.

I don't know if it would be fully understood in the future, how painful it was to say it. But maybe I should stop caring. Because caring hurts too.

Meaningless, I said. Pft, that my friend, was absurd. Then again, we choose what we think will strap us back to sanity. Something I have spun away from the moment I started to feel.

When you come at last to that prominent fork on the road and you have decided to go one way, you do not think of what had happened, of what you saw, of what you heard, of the numerous questions that begged for an answer --- you only see that which you are leaving behind, that you are saying goodbye to.

If you read this...I will miss you. If you don't, let's just say it is meaningless.


...So no of course we can't be friends
Not while I still feel like this
I guess I always knew the score
This is where our story ends"


---Garbage "Cup Of Coffee"---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home